This page serves as the main hub for anything Comic Verse as it pertains to ~lineart
! As questions come in and things change, this page will be updated. If you have any questions about anything you see here, please comment the dropbox
Deciding that the normal way of trying to control the universe wasn't working, Thanos and Darkseid put aside their differences to create the League of Evil, bringing along Parallax and Apocalypse with them. Together, the four of them devised a way that they could not only take over the all of the infinite universes that already existed, but they found a way they could control those that they wanted to control.
Together, the four of them figured out a way to take all of those they deemed unworthy -- both heroes and villains - and threw them to one universe, into a place called Boston. Here, every person they placed here would have new memories and would have no idea who they really were. It was the best way to get everyone out of their way as the League put their bigger plans into motion.
It was also brought to their attention that in this world, they could manipulate people into being something completely different, and make their lives complicated. Those who were mortal enemies before would be best friends now, those who were pure good before would be completely evil now. The possibilities were endless, and for as long as this new world was available to play with, the League found it was easier (and dare say it, fun) to play with those they loathed this way.
But as the years went on, the League and their minions started to notice something: the hold they had on the memories of those placed here was fading. Unable to stop it, once every four weeks memories would return to those who had lost them, and it caused the city of Boston to erupt into chaos. Instead of being angry at this new development, the League decided to take this opportunity to see just how much they can destroy the lives of those they brought here; hoping to completely wear down their resolve completely before taking over.
Each League member has their own faction. As the League realizes more and more that their control may be fading over people, they have started to send out their individual factions to control the situation.
- League Member Boss Thanos
- Responsible for: Kidnappings during CV week, giving out items outside to see just how much people remember.
- Appearance: Usually wearing all black, with small hints of purple. They appear to look more like high class members of society and people with power than anything else.
Horsemen of Apocalypse
- League Member Boss: Darkseid
- Responsible for: Random kidnappings outside of CV week, working with Black Order members to bring out fear and conflict, testing to see how much people really remember.
- Appearance: Usually wearing something dark blue. They look more like blue collar folks, and easily blend in with the rest of the Boston population.
- League Member Boss: Apocalypse
- Responsible for: Random acts of violence and destruction. If you are fighting any faction during the week, it is a high chance you'll be fighting this one.
- Appearance: They appear to be every day folks, and look like your friends, your family, your co-workers -- in fact, they most likely are.
- League Member Boss: Brainiac
- Responsible for: Brainiac's faction works more in a defensive manner for the other factions. Being able to play as guards and aid in gaining information, transporting or being used as cover for them. When used in an offensive manner, they work in a methodoligcal means, creating acts of destruction.
- Appearance: Usually wearing something purple, they appear to be everyday people. Builds are large and fit, with broad shoulders, stiff movements, speech being highly proper, and they do not bleed when wounded.
- For each CV week, we recommend that you do a mesh of your au character and your cv character, though to what extent and for how long is in your hands. Be creative but be prepared for the consequences if your character kills/kidnaps/maims! If you have any questions on this please let the mods know.
- If you were added into ~lineart on the start of CV week, you will not be able to join CV week. After long consideration, the mod team has decided that characters need to be more solid in their AU connections before jumping into CV week, so from now on new members added during CV week will not be able to join the event. Please see the mods with any questions.
- If you are a new member experiencing CV week for the first time, here are some helpful tips to help you understand what cv weeks are about! This is a time in which the au world and the cv world overlap. Memories of your character's real self will come through into the au version you have created and brought to the game. Bits of personality may bleed through as well, but generally we suggest a healthy mix of the two - although we will not discourage creativity if you want to go nuts.
- If you are a current member who has had a character experienced CV week before, everything that happened in prior weeks will carry over to each new CV week. Your character will remember everything that happened and why they did it.
- If your character is not signed up for CV week, everything that they see going on makes them think that everyone has gone completely crazy. Any character not participating in CV week cannot remember their CV selves, nor can they be reminded of who they are by other members aware of CV week.
- Once cv weeks end, all of the cv character's memories of who they are and what they know in their real world will be gone. Your character will remember what he/she did but will not understand why this happened. So for example, if your character got a tattoo, they'll remember they got the tattoo but not why. If your character robbed a store, they will remember they robbed a store, but not why.
- In future CV weeks, we will try to incorporate new elements and plot twists. Each month when a CV week happens, we will post letting members of ~lineart know if this week will be a 'no powers/no items'Â CV week, or a CV week with a twist.
- Any plot regarding the Infinity Gems must be approved by the mods. This is because the gems are a large part of the overarching plot of ~lineart, so the mods need to be aware of where the gems are at all times. There are times that the gems will be contained, or used by members of the community, so please do not hesitate in asking questions if you would like to try to include gems into your plot!
- Don't forget to participate in the incentives so your character can be granted abilities and items for upcoming CV weeks! These can be accessed at any time, and any power or item you are granted through incentives will stay with you for each CV week.
- If you ever have any questions on Comic Verse week, do not hesitate to ask the mods!
My character is totally evil! Can they join up with the League of Evil and their factions?
Unfortunately, the answer here is a firm no. All characters were placed in Boston with loss of memories because the four members of the League of Evil deemed those characters unworthy to join their cause. So long story short: if your character has been experiencing loss of memory (as all characters in this game have), they cannot join or attempt to join, the League of Evil.
Are we allowed to use the League of Evil and their factions for random plot in CV week? For example, can we go and beat up some people?
The mods will let you know what factions are available for plot during each CV week. Sometimes, a faction will be available to get into fights with, sometimes not. It all depends on what is happening during a particular CV week. For now, characters will only be able to interact with the faction - they will not be aware of the main four evil members at this time, nor will they be able to contact them or connect with them.
Can we kill off an entire faction during CV week?
The factions in the League of Evil are pretty much like Hydra - kill one person, two more appear in it's place. It's safe to assume that the League will have a list of people at their disposal. So if you want to kill off some faction members, that's fine! But keep this in mind: once CV week ends, the faction members go back to being just regular people; so if they die in CV week, there may be consequences once the characters all lose their memory once more.
My character has run into one of the four main people in the comic world before. What timeline are you using for them?
Whatever the most current timeline is, is where the league members currently are. For example, just because your character has been in the Horsemen of Apocalypse before, does not mean that is where they are now or have access to it. Storylines that have already happened are in the past, and now the league members are working completely outside of the known history and on their own. This gives us mods a little more flexibility with what we can do with them, and how we can stir up trouble for CV week!
How can I get my character to be 'controlled' by Parallax?
This is a very rare occurrence that the mods will be pulling out at random times, but there will be a sign-up post asking people if they would like to sign up for this. There is set of rules and guidelines set in place, and the person who is randomly chosen to control Parallax will work with the mods to discuss plot and anything else that may need to be discussed! While we have already used Parallax in our main plot, there is always a chance Parallax may come back, so stay tuned!